Going Deeper Course - USM Senior College
- This class helped me to slow down and listen to the promptings from God.
- I so appreciated Marguerite's passion, knowledge, every-ready wisdom and all the handouts.
- One thing I do not want to forget from this class is asking myself: What have I received to day? What have I given today? What difficulties/troubles have I cause today?
Exploring Times and Places of Sanctuary - Retreat Weekend
- This retreat helped me to relax, refocus, breathe, laugh, be present, listen to others, learn and recommit to finding sanctuary.
- I now realize what sanctuary really is - to clarify and put shape to what I already sensed within me.
- Spending time reflecting on sanctuary was very meaningful and helped me realize how many places of sanctuary I already have but did not see them as such until now.
- Thanks for your leadership and companionship. You were so generous with us. And I love that you gave us all the poetry!
- This retreat helped me to know that there are simple things I can do to make space in my life.
Exploring Poetry Course- USM Senior College
- Because of this class I now appreciate the power of poetry to heal.
- I appreciated the variety of information provided by Marguerite on a wide variety of topics - all worth re-visiting.
- I hope to continue to have words and stories in my head that I can put on paper.
- I am grateful that Marguerite shared so many aspects of poetry. It's been playful, informative and challenging
- I will never forget the women I met in this class and how Marguerite made everyone feel at home.
Spirituality of Aging Weekend Retreat – Marie Joseph, Biddeford Pool
- This retreat helped me to acknowledge the aging process and willingly accept the positive possibilities of growing older.
- I was able to slow down, listen and be attentive to the wisdom and beauty of growing and aging.
- I appreciated Marguerite’s excellent preparation, presentation and presence. I loved being here!
- Marguerite, you are such a fantastic facilitator. It was wonderful to watch you work and so great to learn from you. You are passionate about your work and it shows. Thank you for creating such a gracious space for us to learn and grow.
- This retreat helped me to accept the 79 years of blessings, challenges and hopes that I have experienced.
University of Southern Maine - Senior College - Exploring Spirituality
- This class helped me to believe that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is not an oncoming train.
- I have been able to slow down and reflect and realize that I need to honor sanctuary.
- Now I know that sanctuary can be anywhere you want it to be; you can have more than one sanctuary.
- Here I have been able to develop acceptance for the things I cannot change.
- Through use of the text Sanctuary I now realize that I have had a number of different and lovely
- Classes presented by Marguerite are soul-healing for me.
- This is the best Senior College class that I have ever taken!
Marguerite made both of us feel that she was investing her whole self into making our wedding day special and personal to our beliefs. She listened to our wishes and helped us create a beautiful ceremony. (Angela and Jason)
Marguerite made the ceremony so special with just the right touch of personal connections to my daughter and son-in-law's life together. She had spent time getting to know them before the ceremony and that made all the difference. The whole event was touching, reflective, personal and spiritual. It was just what we needed to have our families come together and be part of this very special day. (Sue, Angela's mother)
Marguerite brought a deep sense of love and community into our discussion of the ceremony and our wants and needs. She listens and hears you clearly. At the ceremony, she transcended our expectations and our guests thought it was, by far, the best wedding they had been to. (John and Sue)
We thoroughly enjoyed the entire process of working with Marguerite to plan our wedding ceremony. She guided us in making thoughtful choices about the flow and the wording of our vows. Ours was one of three weddings we've attended officiated by Marguerite and all were beautiful in their own different way. We are honored to have had her guiding presence in what was one of the most important days of our lives. (Anna and Gabriel)
Marguerite personalized our wedding for us and now we have wonderful memories that we cherish. She took time not only to understand our relationship but also those loved ones who participated in our wedding. We are so grateful for all the effort Marguerite put into this day. (Christina and Todd
Courage - A Gift from the Heart - Marie Joseph, Biddeford Pool, ME
This retreat allowed me the time to be quiet, to reflect, to listen and to be listened to by others.
The most valuable part of this retreat was the community we formed.
One thing I will do differently because of this retreat is to be more patient with my own evolving.
This retreat showed me how courageous I have been in my life.
Because of this retreat I was able to bring things out of me that I never knew were there.
Women's Retreat on Hope - Marie Joseph, Biddeford Pool, ME.
Marguerite is a ray of hope herself. She made it fun, relaxing and very informative.
How rewarding this weekend was and how much more I can grow with this new knowledge!
Thank you, Marguerite for your presence and the gift of your enthusiasm and positive energy!
You are a blessing to all who meet you.
Loved your style of presentation and your wealth of knowledge and the joy you present with.
Spirituality of Aging - St. Mary's Health System, Lewiston, ME
Thank you for sharing yourself so sincerely and deeply. I am going home renewed and energized.
A lovely, restful yet demanding day.
I so appreciated the stories, the materials, the table conversation and the fine presentation.
Thank you, Marguerite. Your energy and enthusiasm made me feel like a child again.
Where else can an aging senior find so much information on spirituality and aging gracefully?
The energy in the room was invigorating!
Spirituality of Aging, HOPE Gateway, Portland, ME
This retreat deepened my delight and enthusiasm about growing older...
A wonderful day - full of joy, wisdom and story-telling which blended so gracefully.
Now I feel so connected to my friends who are also on this journey through our senior years.
A spectrum of joy, activity and engagement. Thank you!
I learned here today that aging can be joyful and spirit-filled.
Retreat Day on Hope, Covenant Health Systems, Tewksbury, MA
This retreat made me recognize that I am still hopeful in the midst of uncertainty.
I appreciated all the handouts and the variety of methods you used to keep us active and interested.
I want to keep hope alive in myself and in those around me.
I am grateful for your generosity and spirit!
Spending time reflecting on Hope stirred lost emotions in me and gave me new energy.
Spiritual Grounding for Seniors Course, Senior College, Lewiston, ME
Because of this course, I will be more conscious of the beauty around me and the kindness of others.
I so appreciated the openness and sharing of the other students with the gentle guidance from Marguerite.
This class was the highlight of my week!
I liked the energy and passion that Marguerite had in discussing the topics.
Made me think and consider other road I have taken.
I most appreciated the sense of "sacred space" and the sharing with other members of the class.